Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Hello Friends!! I hope you are all doing well!! It is hard to believe how the time flies and how brisk it has become.  While I love Fall, I fear that winter is just around the corner...reports are saying that they feel it is going to be a very cold and snowy winter.  I am so not ready for that!!!!

Today I am popping in to share this week's Shining the Light challenge at ODBD which is Anything Goes with ODBD stamps. 

Here is a card I made using the God's Timing stamp set as well as the coordinating Dies - Ornament Circle dies and Matting Circle dies.  The sentiment uses the Christmas Pennant Swag stamps and the coordinating Pennant Swag dies.  The paper is from the ODBD Christmas Collection 2013





ODBD Stamps Used: God's TimingChristmas Pennant Swag
ODBD Paper Used: Christmas Collection 2013

I made this card for my Dad who is celebrating his Birthday this coming weekend and the best thing is I get to give it to him in person!! I am so excited that in two days they are coming for a week!!  I am so blessed!!

Here is today's first to go with my card:
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth. — Proverbs 27:1

How many of us are anxious about the future or worry about the future.  I sure do!! I am guilty!! Don't you have your hands full with today? Don't you find yourself distracted from the urgent and important things of today when you worry about the problems of tomorrow? Don't you occasionally find yourself missing an opportunity today while fantasizing about all the possibilities down the road? Isn't it a waste of time to be anxious about those things over which you have no influence? So why worry so much about tomorrow, and next week, and...? Let's walk with God today and trust in his faithfulness for us tomorrow.  

I know it is easier said then done...some of the questions I often ask are: Will I be back to walking normal eventually after I heal, will I always have such pain?  Will I ever feel the outside of my leg when I feel I have an itch?...Will I be able to pay my Mortgage Payment?  The list goes on....I must trust in God with all my heart!!!

For more inspiration for this challenge, I hope you have enjoyed my take on the inspiration.  Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you enjoy my creation!! For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters: Cheryl Scrivens, DJ Rants, Diana Nyugen, Robin Clendenning, Linda Carson, and Elizabeth Whisson.

To see all the challenge in one place, click here.  You have until October 19  join in. We would love to see your creations!!


Blessings,

12 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Chris, this is really gorgeous! I just love the pocket watch especially with the sparkly gold!! Brilliant masculine make my friend! HUGS :)

*Vicki* said...

P.S. Wishing you peace and sending big hugs of well wishes for you Chris!!

Robin Clendenning said...

Awesome Chris!! Love your devotional for today! This is so true but also it makes me think again about how good I have it even when I think I don't because there are some people-you for one, who are in constant pain!!
I love your beautiful heart, your beautiful card and beautiful thoughts!

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Chris!! I love all of the shimmer and that fabulous banner! Sending you hugs, Tammy

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Chris, this is beautiful! I LOVE the papers you chose and the beautiful contrast of black for the hands of the clock and beautiful border. And your "celebrate" banner is so sweet across the top! Oh, yes, time does fly...so quickly especially as we get older. And we do get anxious about the future with so many cares and worries, but I do love this precious Scripture verse that reminds us implicitly that we don't know what a day brings and that we must continue to trust in our precious Father, Who loves us so dearly and is always caring for us...no matter whether we are feeling well or can make the next mortgage payment. It's hard, but we strive to take every thought captive and remember His Word and promise to never leave or forsake us and that He will care for all our needs. What comfort! Continuing to pray for your healing and know that God will restore you...in His time. And what a wonderful card for your dad, and I'm so glad you get to give it to him in person...with lots of hugs! Thanks for sharing this beautiful card and devotional post, sweet friend! Hugs!

Anita Braddock said...

Wow how awesome love the Pocket watch just like the one my Dad had and the layering is great. thanks for sharing.

Gwen said...

WOW This is an awesome masculine card, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT !!!!! I find that making cards for the guys in my life is challenging. ( guys = husband, son and grandson's )

DJ Rants said...

What a beautiful masculine card, Chris!! Your banner goes so beautifully with the clock!! Thank you so much for your encouraging words, it's always good to take a cleansing breath and give our worries to God!! Hugs!!

Linda Carson said...

What a blessing to be able to give this fabulous card to your Dad in person! Love the gold clock and beautiful banner! Beautifully done Chris! Big time hugs coming your way!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful card, Chris! This is a gorgeous design.

Greta said...

Unique & beautiful card, Chris! I know it will make your dad smile--so neat you'll celebrate with him in person! I've missed visiting you & plan to be around more often again. Hoping your healing continues to progress!

Alshandra said...

Gorgeous card Chris. Love the sparkly gold and the clock is gorgeous. Beautiful card!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.